Coconut Milk Banana Bread
- 1.5 cups (225g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 1tsp (5ml) baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) mashed ripe bananas (3-4)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk (see note)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (210g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan (a 1.5-litre (6-cup) capacity pan) and line with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana mixture.
- Pour into the loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan and slicing.
P.S. This is being taste tested, can’t confirm it’s good yet but maybe it’s yummy, I don’t know! – Suz 🙂