New York Cheesecake
This modified version of BakerByNature‘s cheesecake recipe has quickly become a family favourite.
For the Crust:
- 198g (2 cups) graham cracker crumbs
- 9g (1 pack) vanilla sugar
- 99g (7 tablespoons) butter, melted
For the Creamy Cheesecake:
- 1133.98g (40 oz or 5 bricks) of full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) heavy cream
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper
- Wrap the pan with heavy duty tinfoil and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter
- Firmly pat the mixture into the prepared pan, using your hands or a spatula as needed
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Place partially baked crust on a cooling rack while you prepare the filling
For the Creamy Cheesecake Filling:
- In the body of a high power blender, food processor, stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a very large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until completely smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add in the eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the cream and beat until it’s just incorporated in the batter.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and, using a silicone spatula, smooth the top.
- Place the cheesecake pan into a large, deep pan. Fill the pan with 2 inches of hot water. This is your water bath and will help ensure your cheesecake comes out crack free.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn oven off and let the cheesecake sit, undisturbed, for 45 minutes, inside the oven with the door shut. The cheesecake should be still slightly wiggly.
- Remove cake from oven and gently run a knife very around the edge of the cake. Place the cheesecake pan on a cooling rack and cool completely, then loosely cover the pan with saran wrap and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Cheesecake will keep, covered in the fridge, for 5 days. Cheesecake may be frozen for 2 months. Thaw overnight before slicing.
- Top to your liking! Keep it simple with sliced fresh strawberries. Or mix it up with pecans, caramel and chocolate sauce drizzle.
**Healthier version for my loved ones: Add 20g ground flax seed to crust and substitute coconut sugar for regular sugar.